Are chimineas allowed in Spring Garden Township?

Chimineas are allowed in Spring Garden Township, with proper installation. Contact the YAUFR Fire Chief for information

How do I host a special event?

Special Event Ordinance
A Special Event shall include but not be limited to a Parade, Public Assembly, performance, meeting, contest, exhibit, Athletic Competition or presentation, community event, Block Party or ceremony.  See the attached Ordinance, Resolutions, Regulations and Fee Schedule that govern this type of event.  If you have any questions, please contact the Recreation Director at (717) 854-7282.
Ordinance #2012-11
Resolution #2012-07

Resolution #2012-08 Fees

Garbage and Refuse Questions

No, Ordinance #149 and amended by Ordinance 153, prohibits outside people bringing their trash into Spring Garden Township for pick up.

For more information, go to the Refuse & Recycling page.

How do I find public records?

PA Right to Know Law
On February 14, 2008, Governor Rendell signed into law Act 3 of 2008, known as the Right to Know Law.  In accord with this law, Spring Garden Township has appointed a Right to Know Officer, who will be responsible for the public requests for Township documents and public records as follows:

Linda Keller, Director of Community Development & Planning
Spring Garden Township
558 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA  17403
Phone:  (717) 848-2858 x 213
Fax:  (717) 854-8257
E-Mail:  lkeller@sgtwp.org
Office Hours:  Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(Right to Know Request Form and Fee Schedule) (Spring Garden Township Policy)
For more information go to the Pennsylvania State’s website  http://openrecords.state.pa.us

What if I have a sewer backup?

If you have experienced a sanitary sewer back-up at your residence, you are encouraged to call a plumber (one licensed in Spring Garden Township) to conduct an initial service call.  In addition, you also need to notify the Township of the scheduled service call.

The Township will make every effort to have the Sewer Crew present to assist in checking the sewer main and that portion of the lateral from the Township sewer main to the curb line.  Advance notification to our Sewer Crew is needed.

Notification to the Sewer Crew should be made by contacting Brent Barley, Township Sewer Crew Leader, or Steve Smith, Public Works Supervisor, at (717) 848-2858 during regular business hours.  If an emergency situation arises over the weekend or after regular business hours, please call 9-1-1.  This coordination between our staff and the plumber will be beneficial in “troubleshooting” the sewer lateral issue, and clarifying the extent of the responsibility.

How often is sewer and refuse billed?

Sewer and refuse bills are mailed quarterly.

Quarter 1 – Jan – Feb – March
Quarter 2 – April – May – June
Quarter 3 – July – August – September
Quarter 4 – October – November – December

Sewer is billed by The York Water Company.  Any billing questions please contact The York Water Company at 717-845-3601.

Refuse and recycling is billed by Penn Waste.  Any collection or billing questions please contact Penn Waste at 717-767-4456.