The property, located at 1799 Mt. Rose Avenue will be open for Yard Waste collection. Please enter on Brunk Alley and S. belmont St. Signs will be posted.
The hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. the first Saturday of the month starting in March and ending November.
This service is for Spring Garden Township residents and appropriate identification confirming Township residency is required. This service is not intended to be used by independent contractors who have been retained to perform homeowner projects for Township residents.
- Follow signs to the drop off area when entering the site.
- Tree limbs must be limited to eight inches in diameter or less and cannot exceed eight feet in length.
- Residents are asked to limit the number of drop offs to two truck or trailer loads.
Increased curbside recycling of yard waste collections for Spring Garden Township residents are held on the fourth Saturday of each month from April through October.
Yard waste is material such as tree trimmings, shrubbery and other organic landscape vegetation. Exceptions would include grass clippings, fruits and vegetables, leaf waste and dirt & stones. Do not place any of these items out for yard waste collection.
Please prepare your yard waste properly. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected. To properly prepare yard waste:
- Place yard waste in biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy to handle bundles.
- Bundles may be no longer than four feet in length.
- Bundles may not weigh more than 30 lbs. each.
- Branches may not exceed six inches in diameter.
- Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 7:00 a.m.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
Questions? If you are unsure about what you are required to do or if you need further assistance, please contact Spring Garden Township Administration Office at 848-2858.
Yard Waste Between Collections
H&H General Excavating Company located at 660 Old Hanover Road will accept branches and brush for their mulching operation. They will not accept branches and brush for their mulching operation. They will not accept grass clippings, weeds or yard waste other than branches and brush. Their facility is free of charge, seven days a week during daylight hours only. No treated lumber is accepted and all must be free of garbage, stones or dirt. You can reach them for further information at 717-225-4669