The Zoning Ordinance has expanded information that may be helpful to residents when considering construction or use changes. Information on sign regulations, driveways, number of parking spaces required, setbacks, fences, accessory buildings, swimming pools, etc. may be obtained directly from the Zoning Ordinance on-line, by calling the township, or using the form to the right to send an inquiry.

Linda Keller, Zoning Officer


The purpose of the Zoning Ordinance is to promote, protect, and facilitate:

  • Coordinated and practical community development
  • Proper density and population
  • Adequate water and sewerage
  • Adequate police protection, schools, parks and other public requirements
  • Adequate light and air
  • Adequate transportation, parking, and loading space
  • The public health, safety, and general welfare

The regulations are also designed to prevent:

  • Overcrowding of land
  • Blight
  • Danger and congestion in travel and transportation
  • Injury or loss of health, life, or property from fire, flood, panic, or other danger

Building Permit vs. Zoning Permit

What type of Permit is needed and do I need one for my project?  Check out our information on Building and Zoning Permits to see what you might need.   If you still have questions, fill out the form to the right and we will help you determine if and what permit you need.

Zoning Inquiry Form

Special Exceptions and Variances:

The application for a Special Exception or Variance is available at the township office. The process from application to decision may take several months and requires a completed application along with the required fee. The applicant must attend the Planning Commission and Zoning Hearing Board meetings. As part of the procedure, surrounding property owners will be notified of the meeting dates and your property will be posted with a Hearing Notice.